Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oh Deer!

It's all in perspective. Funny how one's view of things change over time. For years I've seen this image all over the place on the back windows of trucks.
Each time I saw this image I thought it was a dancing figure, maybe on fire, the bottom two lines being the legs. I wasn't sure I was right, but thought maybe it was a company logo. The problem I had with this logo was that I saw the positive space only - the lines of the shape. Whomever created the logo counted on people's brains being able to see the image in the negative space - the white part of the image. Just within the past month I finally saw what Browning, the company this logo represents, meant for me to see - a deer. It's the image of a buck's head facing left and the antlers above. But then most people probably already see that. Just not me. I just found it amusing to have seen this image so often and only recently figured it out. So, what do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment