Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Life Philosophy

So, the town where I live is a great boon for finding interesting signage as a form of entertainment. Yesterday, I came across "Accept Foo" painted on the side of a local convenience store. (The name of the store is fodder for a later post...stay tuned!) Obviously "food stamps" was what the painter's goal was. But, for some reason paint, money, or time ran out before the completed thought came to "f00"-ition. But that's good for those of us looking for local laughter.

I also think that "accept foo" makes a great life motto, in addition to its humor quotient. If I could only accept everything around me as it is at that moment, life would be much less stressful. No worries. It'd be great. So, for a teacher now looking at a lovely, free summer, I think this will be a good mantra to keep in mind. It'll give me time to practice it before the students return all too soon! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment