Monday, March 9, 2009

Kids These Days

I love my school's live TV news broadcast. It is very cute and is well done for elementary students. I got tickled the other day when some students were interviewed by a student news anchor about an amazing dance program that was brought to our school. The interviewer asked a young girl, "What did you like best about the program?" to which the student being interviewed pensively replied, "It was casual."

Yes, it _was_ true. The performers wore jeans and untucked shirts. But of all the adjectives that could have possibly been supplied to answer that question... dynamic, rhythmic, amazing, fantastic, fun, etc., "casual" was quite unexpected. My class however had no idea why their teacher was guffawing at that response. So is it just me? Or are there others out there in the blogosphere who find "casual" equally amusing as a response. Just curious.

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone...that one amused me too.
    B.

    ReplyDelete