Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nazi Lions

The local cherry blossom festival was great. We roamed around all afternoon Saturday eating fair food, watching our son play ride kiddie rides, ran into local and not so local folks we hadn't seen in eons. It was great! Beautiful weather too. What more could you ask for? Well, how about sea lions!

I've seen the oreo-eating racing pigs and the tigers that are sometimes at local fairs, but sea lions? Come on! But there were really sea lions - the small, small, baby ones (seal-size in case you were wondering). They travel in a tank of water enclosed in a trailer truck thing.

So we trudged over to the sea lion area for the show. Of course this was not Sea World, so no amphitheater. There were bleachers. Being somewhat vertically challenged however, the three of us were only able to hear the sea lion show. Whoop-dee-do. Somehow something is lost when one cannot actually view the show. Then my son got the brilliant idea to sit on his dad's shoulders to see the show. So he got to actually see the show, the lucky guy. So my husband and I continued to just listen. Ah well. Once it was over I asked my son what he thought about the show. He said it was great! Sigh.

Later, I was telling a friend about this show that was not for short people and called it a not-see lion show. Her mind was in a different place however and what she heard was that it was a nazi lion show. So we both, well no just me really now that I think about it, had a good hearty gaffaw over that one. So beware your homophones! or words that are sorta kinda like homophones! That is if you know what a homophone is! I know there are some of you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment