Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Say What You Mean to Say

The other day this memory from my student teaching days came back to me. I was teaching a kindergarten music class with the students all sitting in their lines of chairs as my mentor teacher had them arranged. The entire back wall of the classroom was windows. Sometimes it was tough for these little guys to not be tempted to look out the window to see other students playing outside etc. One day, as I was still getting my teaching "sea legs," I noticed more and more students turned around backwards looking out the window. Of course I didn't have all the names memorized yet and ended up saying in frustration, "Everyone, turn around now!" Well, concrete thinkers that they are, every single kinder turned backwards to look out the window. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment