Friday, February 6, 2009

Dramatic Restraint

Who would have known that one of the most important requirements for teachers would be to be able control insidious laughter from escaping through one's mouth or nostrils while conversing with students.

I found this a formidable challenge today while teaching a science lesson. I was guiding students through a joyful study guide and calling on random students to answer each question when all of a sudden I look up to call on the next random student and what do I see? Black marker caps stuck up a girl's nose! It really looked like black snot. Big, nasty, runny chunks of it. Oh my. Stifling a snort myself I calmly shook my head silently at her which is the universal teacher code for, "Are you freakin' kidding me???????" It was officially declared Friday at that point. I'm just hoping those markers were not from our class stash...

No comments:

Post a Comment