Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Horshack!!!!!

I'm sure this phenomenon occurs at home with children, but I see it only at school, I mean, er, work. Today we read Officer Buckle and Gloria to go along with our lessons on plot. Students had their input here and there in the discussion. I called on one young man who was dying to have his say. So, what earth-shattering pithy substance did he share? Here it is...

"I..." mouth twitch "well..." blink, blink, blink "this one time..." changes foot he's sitting on "my dog" hooks index finger inside collar and pulls to twice his head circumference "Can..." squinching up of lips on one side of mouth (cricket sound inserted here.) "they really..." looks at fellow student who is getting SLIGHTLY impatient "do flips like that?"

Then me thinking, "Oh, I'm sorry... you had a question? or a story? You lost me during the eye blinks." I think this was when I began to snore and drool..... Class discussion at this rate goes VERY slowly. Luckily it doesn't happen often. Must've been some glitch in his brain wiring at that moment, 'cause Lawd knows! he chatted NON-STOP the remainder of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment